Thursday, March 13, 2008

100 things tag

I know...2 in one night! (Dave's working late) I was tagged by Kari to come up with 100 things about me and I hope I don't cheat...
First I'll start with things I have learned over my 27 years (so far)
1. My mom REALLY loves me - I was 2 weeks (or more) overdue
2. Families are forever - My sister was still born and I have come to the knowledge that she is my angel.
3. Sometimes I just need to be alone
4. Don't push strange buttons if you don't know how to read - I pushed the fire alarm at swimming lessons
5. Texas doesn't have that many cowboys and there's not a lot of cacti either - we moved that year
6. Everyone has to color in the lines at one point or another
7. Don't laugh if it's not funny; especially if it's at another's expense - I made a girl cry because she thought I was laughing at her (for the record I wasn't).
8. My parents have faith in my decisions
9. God listens to prayers, and pays lots of attention to fasting - My sister arrived through family prayers and fasting
10. Pets are not all they're cracked up to be - I got a rabbit
11. Everyone needs at least one friend
12. Restaurants think I'm an adult, but my mom doesn't
13. My personality can depend on who I talk with
14. Boys are fun to dance with
15. I can say no to people
16. Don't make expectations if you can't decide whether they happen, that way you won't be dissapointed
17. Sometimes the end of the world as you know it is only the beginning of a better one - We moved back to Utah my Senior year of High School
18. Obedience is freedom; they are right too (my parents) I'll only admit this now
19. True love and happiness are found when you find yourself and those friends that help you be yourself
20. No matter how many changes you undergo, you will always be the same person on the inside
21. Adjustments are made by the will of the person who is making them
22. Having a baby wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be - I was always saying that!
23. Faith endurance and patience really pay off.
24. It's fun to be poor - It's a rush to find ways to make ends meet
25. You can survive anything if you can see an end in sight - We finished building our house and 9 others in 10 months
26. Family comes first - I decided to postpone school and quit my job in order to stay at home with the kids
27. I'm ready for more adventures!

So there's my life summed up by 27... Now for things I love about my family
28. Dave - I love what a hard work ethic he has. I am constantly amazed at how long and hard he can do things
29. Dave - I love how well he communicates. He is such a good listener, and is willing to stay up when I need to talk.
30. Tina - I love her helpful spirit. She is always getting things for me and is an amazing big sister. She will bring me Brooklyn if she is crying
31. Tina - I love her dream reports in the morning. She tells me the first thing in the morning
32. Braden - He is so loving. He will spontaneously say "I love you mommy" (melts my heart)
33. Braden - His laugh is SO contageous! We all try to get him to laugh, and sometimes it happens over stuff that we don't know is funny:)
34. Brooklyn - she has a dance. It's so cute because she is sitting and rocks from side to side when we sing or she hears music. I love it during piano lessons!
35. Brooklyn - I love her squishy cheeks and legs. They are so fun to kiss and squish!

36. Now for more monotonous stuff: I have an addiction to lists. I love to make them even if I don't follow through with them.
37. I love the color turquoise
38. My favorite food is watermelon - Dave proposed with heart shaped watermelon
39. I teach 5 piano students - it is fun
40. I am great at coming up with ideas, but I stink at taking the initiative
41. I love watching "Everybody Loves Raymond" - even if I've seen it before, I still laugh out loud
42. I have a thing for swing music. I was told that I was born in the wrong era
43. I'm excited to have Tina go to school.
44. When I am reading a good book, it takes over my life
45. Right now it is the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer
46. And the Bracelet series by Jennie Hansen
47. Is that cheating? :)
48. I have a radio in each room of the house, and doing housework is fun with it on.
49. I'm the primary pianist - it's so fun to be able to laugh at what the kids say without having to hide.
50. They are so cute and funny - and I'm amazed at what they know!
51. I love to be working on projects, but at the moment I don't have one
52. Except the house of course!
53. I think that my parents are amazing people: Dad is so intelligent and Mom is so talented.
54. I look back and wonder how they did what I am currently doing!
55. I am proud to say that my mother-in-law is one of my best friends
56. And I really value whatever my father-in-law says
57. I am not good at sending thank yous...I write them, and wait way too long to send them without looking tacky (so sorry if you've never received one!)
58. I am going to be a real "blood" aunt in 6 months! Thank you, thank you, thank you Melanie and Devin!!
59. I love Dave's family and I am glad that I got to be an aunt right away with them too!
60. We are living in a small town that we never thought we would live
61. But it has it's good points:
62. Like you can turn left on Main Street
63. There is never lines at Wal-mart, the post office, or DMV
64. We are able to make very good friends who depend on eachother
65. I really should have made a list on paper, because I'm having a hard time thinking of more things!
66. I love getting in touch with people I haven't heard from in years! (thanks Carli)
67. I love hearing updates
68. I can't believe that it has been 10 years since I have graduated from High School!
69. I can't believe that my little sister is getting married - and I can't wait!
70. I love my Grandparents. They are wonderful - Both sets!
71. I'm lucky because they are both still here! Sorry, I need to visit more often.
72. I have an interest in Family History, but haven't kicked up my initiative to dig into it yet!
73. Binkis in our house disappear
74. Dave just got home so I'll have to wrap this up!
75. I eat sweets when I'm stressed
76. I am almost done with my CERT class
77. I love being a Mommy
78. Tina said that when she is my age she will still call me "mommy" :)
79. I have GREAT neighbors that I feel so much in common with - that's for you Marinda
80. I think boy scouts is confusing:
81. they have so many handbooks and guidelines and mottos, I get flustered
82. Dave is the Cub master in our ward, and I wish I could help, but I can't keep up.
83. I made myself a "master schedule" a few weeks ago to help with housework.
84. I'm seeing improvements little by little.
85. It's kind of silly because I only have 3 things to do each day and 1 is fun, but I figure
86. Work before play, and if I reward myself AFTER the fact, they might get done
87. Dog pee stinks!
88. Thank goodness for Nature's Miracle - it takes the odor out!
89. That sounded like a commercial.
90. Ten more! Whew
91. When I am dejunking, I love to put things in boxes
92. The problem with that is that I never go through the boxes! Thank goodness for Dave
93. I know that reading scriptures makes my days go by much better.
94. I love feeling the spirit. It catches me by surprise everytime.
95. Being married is the best thing! I discover new things about Dave all the time
96. I discovered how uninhibited he can be at potentially embarrassing things.
97. I discovered (through CERT today) that I have gone through a disaster with Braden - and it changed me so that I will be more prepared for another one.
98. I don't mind changing the diapers - but I would love to get Braden to go on the potty!
99. I am reticient (I think that's how you spell it).
100. I am done! Hope you enjoyed

5 comments:

Kari said...

I loved reading your 100 things list. I love to learn new little things about the people I love, and who I think I think I know so well. Hope things are going well for you.

Family News said...

I know you said it was hard to come up with your 100 things, but it was fun to read and I got a kick out of all the "cheating" ones!

OccupyThis said...

hey sis, you forgot one . . . you have a little brother who, although is more than a foot taller than you are, looks up to you in SO many ways. You're going to make an awesome "blood" aunt, and it has been really educational and fun for Mel and I to be an aunt/uncle to your kids. You really have set the gold standard (besides our own parents) for proper parenting. I love you

D.I.M. Incorporated said...

That was great Mel! And fun to read! I bet that took a long time!

Jen said...

Creative way to organize your 100 things. It was fun to read to get to know a little more about ya. Hope all is well! Take care!