Wednesday, March 5, 2008

9 months of Brooklyn



Brooklyn is 9 months and I can't imagine life without her. Fun milestones: She dances when she hears music. She is sitting and will wiggle from side to side. I need the video camera next time she does it. It is so cute. She is eating meats and basically little bits of what we are. She loves eating with the family. We love how happy she is.


On an interesting note, I took her to the doctor and we were both a little concerned when she refuses to stand on her feet. If we lift her up, she tucks her feet out so she can sit down. She also is not crawling yet, and screams when I put her on her tummy. So I am announcing this in order to commit myself to spend time with her everyday trying to improve her "gross motor skills." The doctor said if she doesn't improve in a month, we will have to take her to physical therapy. I guess the reason I am a little worried is that Braden did the same thing...Brooklyn has been tested and she is normal without the same deficiency, but I guess as a mother, I will always worry. So if anyone has suggestions on more entertaining tummy time, PLEASE share!!


We sure love our Brookie babe no matter what goes on! I love this look...She gives me this look if I leave the room and she can't follow:) She NEEDS to crawl!

3 comments:

Melissa Hernandez said...

Isabella didn't start crawling until she was 10 months. I use to freak out too, because she was late rolling over, sitting up, crawling, she is 13 months and I swear she is never going to walk. These little ones are on their own time table, and I've learned that if I get frustrated she gets frustrated, so we just have to love and support em. I've learned too not to compare my kid with others, that was really hard for me at first.

Kari said...

I can't believe how big Brooklyn is getting. If I were you, I would just make sure she gets plenty of tummy time, even though she'll scream. If I remember right, none of your kids have liked being on their tummies. Try not to worry too much, but I totally understand why you're worried. Hopefully if she hasn't improved, the physical therapy will help her. We'll be praying for her.

Carli said...

Every baby is different! I would not worry yet. As for entertaining tummy time...I bought Kennedy a fun, pink tummy time mat from wal mart. It has toys attached to it and water with toys in it. she still cried every so often, but now she likes it!