Dave and I have a pact. He does not buy me flowers for Valentine's day. He saves them for a day when I really need them. So today someone came to deliver a beautiful bouquet of my favorite roses (fire and ice) along with lilies (my birthday flower). They were so unexpected. I opened the card and it said "Just Because it's Friday. I love You, Dave." Sigh, AWWW! I am so lucky to have a man who remembers me when he doesn't have to. He still makes me laugh everyday (he promised to when we got married.) I realized that there are so many times when I just go with the flow and don't do special things for him. I take a "backseat" so many times instead of the initiative.
I love Dave because:
1. He is so good to me.
2. He works so hard for his family.
3. For someone who is deaf in one ear he listens so much better than me. He hears what I say as well as what I don't say and will take action, give advice or just reassure me - depending on what I want.
4. He keeps his promises
5. He is comfortable...He has even trained me to enjoy just lounging and watching TV - a little too well:)
6. He respects me
7. He is a wonderful father. His kids come running when he gets home, and they love the bedtime ritual that he hardly ever misses. He doesn't even complain about the length of the stories anymore...He's even added one now that Braden wants to pick out his own.
8. He is passionate about sports. I may not share his "obsessions" but I see the good he does for his lacrosse boys. He loves working out and playing basketball, and never misses football or basketball games. I think it's fun being married to a "jock" I never would have guessed in High School!
9. He is a people person - when I can get him out, he is so friendly. People are drawn to him. I love the fact that I can take a step behind and let him talk. He also is a server. He likes to help people feel better or will help them with things that they need. He truly has the love of Christ for everyone. Especially the "underdogs."
10. I love Dave because he is so supportive. Whatever endeavor I decide to do he will go along with. I hope that I recriprocate!
Sure love you Hon!
1 comment:
I almost feel guilty reading this blog! Aren't these kind of blogs fun to do though when you get to count the many blessings of marrying who you did.
The flowers look beautiful and I think it's a great way to do the whole "gift" thingy. Then it's always a nice surprise.
Post a Comment