Sunday, March 9, 2008

House Attack!



On Saturday I attacked the house. Well, I guess just really cleaned it. I was so proud I took pictures to hopefully inspire me when it gets bad again. The picture is bad, but the counters sparkle so much I guess it reflected off their funny faces :) The kitchen is my nemisis! It is continually getting cluttered with things in limbo. So I got everything off the counter that doesn't belong. I was so excited! Of course today it's back to being full of stuff, but at least the underside is clean!


The next thing we did (meaning the kids and I) was rearrange Braden's room. We shifted the dresser, changing table, bookshelf, chair, and marble track. We also added a play kitchen. That night Braden said he wanted to "mess it all up!" Meaning he wanted to put it all back where it went before the transformation.
Then we arranged the girls' bedroom and I hung a name plaque above the window (from Christmas). It's just fun to make changes every once in awhile I think. It energizes me. Dave gets involved when it's time to de-junk and that is just as energizing. We proudly give most of the stuff to the DI, and I feel like a weight has been lifted. Yet, I am still a pack rat??
Any house projects in store for you readers? Our next project is rocking our mailbox and putting up chair rail in the Master Bedroom. Don't worry: I'll provide pictures :)

5 comments:

BigEd said...

I always procrastinate getting pictures on the walls and decorating while I am renting. However, I think that is a bad plan since who knows how long we will rent for? Time to get my pictures on the walls!

Kari said...

Your kitchen looks great!!! My counters are also constantly buried under things that don't belong there. I wish I could catch the bug like you did and attack my house. I'll just have to do it in baby steps.

D.I.M. Incorporated said...

Yay! You found us! Your blog is so fun! Your kids are getting so big! It's fun meeting here in cyberspace, but we really do need to get together! :)

Family News said...

There you go accomplishing things again! Do you think that there's an unseen junk magnet installed with the countertops? I think there's got to be something! Have you come up with a storage solution in the girls room closet yet?

My only accomplishment is that I finally vacuumed under the table yesterday. It was pretty disgusting! What really grossed me out is that Alice kept going under there and when I finally vacuumed I noticed the area was more "clean" of crumbs where Alice had been!

jordan said...

sounds like some serious spring cleaning. I'm always so happy to have a spotless home, but then it just goes back to the way it was in no time.
by the way, don't worry about brooklyn. my brothers kids didn't crawl until 1 and didn't walk until 20 months!