Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Memories

I LOVE this idea from Steph's blog. Everyone shares a memory about me (or the family) they know about and then go and post on your blogs so people can share memories about you. I'll definately go to your blogs and post comments! I love taking a stroll down memory lane and chances are, I won't remember what you guys do:)

8 comments:

The DeVito's said...

I'm laughing that you thought I was cool! I remember hearing your giggle all the way across the field at band practice! I think Ryan Wassom went on a date with everyone! Does he read your blog?? LOL!

Carli said...

ok. I remember that I had a crush on your brother in 7 tv grade so I kind of forced my parents to invite your family over for thanksgiving. Instead, we came to your house and had a lot of fun playing games. I also remember being jealous of you cause you got to play the flute at church and you were really good! I also remember your cute laugh in seminary!

Jen said...

Before you had any kids, I remember us visiting with Taylor, and you sitting against the Chambers' kitchen table reading "The Monster at the End of This Book" to Taylor (you know, the one where Grover is the monster!).

I remember thinking you would be a fabulous mom. Such patience and fun. And I was right! :)

OccupyThis said...

Who can forget the chili fight?! Ha ha, that was seriously crazy. I think the funniest part (well, it's kind of sad actually) was how Jeff started crying because he thought we were going to kill each other. One of my fondest memories of you was when you were a senior at SV and after spending a year with you in marching band (which was great for me), hearing that you made first chair, beating out the mighty drum major Rachel Weber! I just remember being SO SO proud of my awesome big sis! You're great Mel, and I love you!

Chris said...

You always had a sweet way of maintaining and promoting extremely high standards without coming across as high on yourself. Two examples: 1) "Dad, is that Dr. Pepper?" 2) Not watching the movie during the band trip (to Corpus?). I love you.

D.I.M. Incorporated said...

Well, when I first met you years ago through Jeff and Maren you were big and preggo with your little Tina! You were smiling and laughing and just so sweet! You were talking about going on a long walk to get things going! Even though you were miserable you were still happy and laughing! You're one of those people that people just want to be around so maybe some of your niceness will rub off on us! Love you Mel!

Veronica said...

You laugh!!!! Oh my gosh your laugh is infectious! The way you were always so scared of bugs at Gurls Camp. How you never got to spend the night at my birthday parties :( How you were the ONLY one to check on me during my infamous 8th b-day party...just to make sure I was still alive! Thanks Mel!

Anonymous said...

Your memory was too funny. One of my favorite memories is back in high school and we were driving, to your house, I think. We were all singing to the song, "How Bizarre"...I think that's it's name. If it's not, it should 'cause that's what the chorus says over and over. Anyway, I just remember how cute you were singing the song and what a good voice you have. We were carefree and so relaxed. Good times, good times.